Monday, June 24, 2013

There's Nothing Buttoned-Up About an Ann Fontaine Button-Down



A few months ago I visited the Anne Fontaine fashion boutique on North Michigan Avenue. Although I frequent several shops and salons along the Magnificent Mile, it's easy to overlook many others. Known for her fashion-forward and interesting designs, Anne Fontaine takes the classic button-down dress shirt to new heights. I was intrigued.


With chic feminine lines and unique embellishments, the black and white shirt has never looked so good.  While browsing through the store, I was amazed at the many ways Anne could make the basic white shirt, well, not so basic.  As many corporate professionals know, the white shirt, is a must-have.  Anne Fontaine offers shirts for every occasion and every personality...something for just about every woman.


For me, I fell in love with the collars.  I had never seen a more elegant way to accessorize an ensemble or dress. The moment I tried one on, I had to have it. I'm hoping she expands her accessories line to include decorative cuffs as well...just a little wishful thinking.  Not only will you find white dress shirts, but skirts, trousers, dresses and a minimal selection of footwear. 


I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Anne Fontaine Foundation, which aims to raise the awareness of rainforest protection. The Foundation's focus is primarily concentrated in the Brazilian Atlantic forest, also known as the Mata Atlântica, the world's most threatened forest. To help raise funds for the Foundation, the Michigan Avenue store offers fashionable and smart eco-friendly sling totes for only $20 - great for carrying swimwear, beach accessories or as a shopping tote. 

I give Anne Fontaine Fashion Boutique two thumbs up!!

VISIT ANNE FONTAINE ONLINE


 

No comments:

Post a Comment