Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Former Ford Model Helps 'Naturals' Tame Fuzzy Mane




About three months ago, my stylist suggested I push back from the chemically-harsh relaxer (hair straightener) and 'go natural'.  For many women of color, going 'natural' simply means returning to your roots of nature and forgoing chemical processing.  Quite honestly, I've never had a problem relaxing my hair, - no breakage, no dryness, minimal split ends.  So, why stop relaxing?  As you get older (not suggesting I'm old or anything), chemically treated hair tends to weaken and begins thinning. I have always had a deep fondness for my tresses and I wanted to protect them as long as I could. 

About a year ago, my neighbor gave me a product to try, "Little Miss Fuzzy Head - Happy Hair Fusion".  At the time, my hair was still relaxed, so I placed the jar in my hair product bin for future use. Fast foward one year - I searched high and low for a product that would help manage my locks and transition me from relaxed to natural hair, but nothing would satisfy.  Then it dawned on me, "Little Miss Fuzzy Head!".  I whipped out the jar and slathered it on my freshly shampooed hair.  Although I used way too much product, I loved how it made my hair look and feel.  My curls were perfectly coiled with a beautiful, healthy sheen.

Me and my natural hair...Love!
What I love most is Little Miss Fuzzy Head's ingredients list - Agave Plant Extract, Aloe Leaf Juice, Avocado Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil, Unrefined Shea Butter, Virgin Coconut Oil and Vitamin E.  This is particularly exciting because I consider myself a pretty health-conscious person, consuming mostly plant-based foods.  Additionally, compared to other natural hairstyling aids, I think the price point is ON point!  You can also purchase product samples just to see if LMF is right for your hair.

I could go on and on about this product, but I invite you to discover Little Miss Fuzzy Head for yourself. 

Read all about LMF's Founder & Product Developer, Tamiya Beathea, a scientist and fomer Ford print and runway model (and personal friend), who also wears the most georgeous shoulder-length, natural coils.   I'm sure you'll LOVE Little Miss Fuzzy Head as much as I do. With that said, I give Little Miss Fuzzy Head two thumbs up!

iShop Chicago is dedicated to shining a spotlight on Chicago's sometimes obscure, independent restaurants, shops and venues. Our private events offer iShop Chicago members on-location shopping opportunities. Our members enjoy socializing, networking and shopping with Chicago area retailers, private-label and national brands across several shopping categories. All private sales events are designed by iShop Chicago event planners to offer exclusive 1-day-only deals and discounts.

Membership is FREE! Just follow our iShop Chicago blog.

Cheers!

Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment